It’s not a secret that I like hiking and climbing.
Last year I did my first winter climb summiting Toubkal in Morocco, the highest peak in North Africa. Big challenge for a first timer. Especially when you have to fight against altitude sickness. But it was a great day! Physically challenging and at the top rewarding with amazing views over the entire Atlas Mountains up to the borders of the Sahara. Would I do it again? (Well, the memories of the altitude sickness did fade.) Hell, yeah, I would!
- Follow Hiking Madness – Hiking in UK and elsewhere on WordPress.com
Most popular posts
- 5 routes up to Zugspitze, Germany's highest peak
- 10 Facts about Zugspitze, Germany's highest peak
- Todra Gorge - Morocco
- Imlil to Toubkal Refuge (base camp)
- What is a buff, how to wear it and how to customise it
- Hiking Clubs
- Innsbruck, Austria - North Chain - Alms with amazing views and cakes
- Alpine Scenery and Hell's Valley Gorge (Höllentalklamm)
- Where is the Matterhorn?
- Stok Kangri Peak - Climb the Himalayas in 4 Days
- Health (1)
- Hiking abroad (62)
- Hiking in England (88)
- Product Reviews (3)
- Walkie Talkie (37)